40 gm butter (use organic/pasture fed if possible)
1 tbs brown rice syrup or honey
1 orange (zested)
1 c Almonds (chopped) raw & unsalted
1 c Coconut Flakes
1/2 c Buckwheat
3/4 c Almond Meal
1 pinch of sea salt
1 egg (free range/organic)
NB: All ingredients besides eggs and oranges are available in our bulk food store
1. Preheat oven to 180c
2. Put butter, syrup and orange zest in a pot over medium heat, allow to melt and combine
3. Remove from heat and add coconut, buckwheat, almonds, almond meal and sea salt - stir well.
4. Add the egg (beaten slightly) to combine
5. Divide into 12 biscuits flattening slightly - use a spoon as they are quite sticky - using hands will cause a mess!
6. Bake for approx. 10 minutes - store in an airtight container in the freezer (or on the bench if they won't last that long in your house!)